10 Actions You Can Start Today To Take Care of Your Mind and Body
1. Eating an organic diet and clean water- Unfortunately, today we have to be much more cautious with what we eat and what we drink. Toxins are laden in pretty much all of our foods and water. Transitioning into an organic lifestyle is one of the most important things you can do for you and your family to live a healthy and happy life.
2. Stretching your body prior to exercise will help your range of motion and flexibility. It will also assist in correcting your posture as well as preventing serious injury from occurring by preparing your muscles for a workout. It also circulates nutrients, blood and oxygen to move throughout the body in order to prevent muscles soreness.
3. Exercising Daily will circulate your blood and will help flush toxins from your system. Nutrients and oxygen are able to delivered throughout your entire body so that it can work more efficiently as well as boost your endurance. Exercise also releases endorphins which then increases stamina and energy that results in you feeling better physically and mentally.
4. Sun is an extremely important factor for obtaining optimal health. This is so important as 80%-90% people are deficient in Vitamin D which is part of the reason why we are seeing a number of diseases on the rise. The best way for obtaining your Vitamin D is by going out in the sun. The middle of the day is when the sun produces UVB rays, which are the healthy wavelengths that help your skin produce Vitamin D. It is also important to go to the doctor and have your levels checked which can determine a healthy immune system.
5. Meditation reduces stress better than anything else I know. It gives you a chance to quiet your mind physically and mentally from the outside world. It allows you to access your intuition, giving you ability beyond anything you can imagine. Meditation will bring you a sudden peace and stillness, which will have a direct effect on your entire nervous system. Mediation can also reduce your cortisol levels, which is directly related to stress as well as increase the production of serotonin, which is a mood enhancing chemical. It will also improve your health by lowering your blood pressure and improving your sleep.
6. Yoga. is both as a curative and preventive therapy. It is advantageous because it creates balance in the endocrine and nervous systems which directly impacts all the other systems and organs in the body. The very essence of yoga lies in attaining peace and harmony, improved breathing abilities, stretching your body in ways you never thought you could as well as becoming more intuitive .
7. Sleep There are four stages of sleep, each stage is equally important. Sleeping allows your body to be in complete state of relaxation, that restores and rejuvenates your body for the next day. Deep sleep is crucial for brain restoration, memory consolidation, hormonal regulation, reduces chronic inflammation and reduces stress. It is important for your body to fall into a deep sleep to avoid getting sick, feeling depressed, loosing focus and memory and possibly gaining an unhealthy amount of weight. Going to bed between 10pm and 11pm and sleeping 8-9 hours per night is optimal to achieve a healthy body and mind.
8. Breathe –Breathing deeply and slowly is extremely important, as your body is designed to release 70% of its toxins through breathing. Your body will have to work overtime to rid your body of these toxins when you do not breathing properly. Breathing properly also releases stress and strengthens your immune system. By taking shallow breaths it does not allow for your body to release stress and toxins. It is important to breathe deeply to achieve mental clarity, maintain physical health, to relieve pain and improve blood flow, just to name a few.
9. Walking Barefoot- will connect you to mother nature. It grounds you so you become one with the universe. We are all on the go and forget how important nature really is. According to Dr. Mercola, Grounding or Earthing is defined as placing one's bare feet on the ground whether it be dirt, grass, sand or concrete (especially when humid or wet). When you ground to the electron-enriched earth, an improved balance of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system occurs. The Earth is a natural source of electrons and subtle electrical fields, which are essential for proper functioning of immune systems, circulation, synchronization of biorhythms and other physiological processes and may actually be the most effective, essential, least expensive, and easiest to attain antioxidant. It is also highly effective as well in reducing inflammation.
10. Meridian Tapping/The Emotional Freedom Technique, or EFT, is a psychological acupressure technique used to optimize your emotional and physical health. This method will unblock any emotional barrier that is restricting you from obtaining your goals. The process in which it works is by inputting kinetic energy transferred by your fingertips to tap onto specific meridians located on your head, chest and hands while you think about specific problems. Once you release the negative energy from your body you then tap on the same pressure points with positive affirmations.
“This combination of tapping the energy meridians and voicing positive affirmation works to clear the "short-circuit" - the emotional block -- from your body's bioenergy system, thus restoring your mind and body's balance, which is essential for optimal health and the healing of physical disease.”